Friday, August 6, 2010

Honda x11

Until 1998 the Honda Blackbird was one of the fastest bikes in the world, then Honda tried something different with the Blackbird frame, engine and running gear. They created the x11. They retuned the engine, gave it 5 gears instead of 6, an increase in bottom end torque and a {some call ugly}street bike look. I have owned an x11 for two years,whenI bought itI knew very little about it, butbeing a Hondathe x11 wassomething different.Since thenI have loved every mile of the 10000I have ridden it. The power delivery is awesome right the way up to its top speed of 160mph. Having about 140hp and 85lb of torque this is one mean motorcycle. At lower speeds and around the town its stable even with a pillion, the seat{800mm} and riding position is good for me{5'5"}Reliablity is without question, if you like alot of thottle a rear tyre will last you 3000 miles,I prefer Dunlop 207 Sportmax,chain and sprockets, for me, one season. The handling for a bike weighing 222kg{standard}is very good, once your moving you will feel confident on every corner. My mates have ridden mine and found it a very enjoyable experience. Built only from 1999 to 2002 if u can find one expect to pay between 2000 and 3500 depending on age, miles and condition. Most aftermarket goodies are not hard to find, stock parts are mostly Blackbird. I do my own service and mechanics soI can't speak dealer prices. Take a test ride and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment