Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Silver Cross 3D Pram System.

I have just had my 4th son this year and I've been a bit of a pushchair collector over the years!! My problem is how hard it is to find a pushchair to suit all my needs: getting around in the car, travelling on public transport, walking, etc. then there's how big/small baby is, not to mention storing it when you're not using it! There are a lot of things to consider when choosing a pushchair/pram, that's why I would really recommend the Silver Cross 3D Pram System. My baby is 5 months old and I've not bought another buggy yet. (I've ususlly had at least 2 or 3 by now!)The 3D Pram System is an easy, umbrella fold pushchair that has the look and sturdy feel of a pushchair in comparison to a stroller but with all the advantages of a stroller.First of all it has the usual lockable swivel wheels, bumper bar, 5 point safety harness, hood (with a zip-off 'skirt'), apron, 2 position leg rest, 4 position back, raincover etc. and also a zip-off head support cushion, 2 position handle height, and a revolutionary 'pram liner' which turns the pushchair into a pram easily and very quickly. It is washable, all you have to do is take the flexible plastic supports and mattress out and throw the liner in the washing machine!! The liner fits over the pushchair seat completely by reclining the seat fully and lifting the fabric liner support (which is under the removable head support) and then putting the liner over the seat and bumper bar, it then velcros into place ready for baby! All you do then is remove the hood and put it on the frame the opposite way round and you are ready to go, it takes minutes. It also has a 'soft wrap' (tm) which is a crotch and waist pad that holds babies in a safe and comfortable position. It even folds as a pram!!When baby is 4 months old or so, you take off the liner and reverse the hood and it's a buggy, simple! It has an additional matching car seat,(ventura/ventura plus) sold seperately, to turn it into a travel system, and an accessory pack that is sold seperately which includes a matching fleece lined cosytoes, which I use as a buggy liner, the top blanket part zips off the liner which is machine washable. (easier than washing the buggy all the time!) A matching changing bag, and a really unusual shaped matching parasol.I love this pushchair and I keep seeing celebrities with the same one! The only down side is that the raincover doesn't fit over the ventura plus carseat, the tray is difficult to get to in pram-mode and it is a little on the heavy side (but it has a carry handle that distributes the weight very well). Other than that, I have had no problems at all, the Silver Cross customer support team were extremely polite and very helpful when I phoned to find stockists for the accessory pack. I would recommend this buggy for anyone that wants a buggy/pram which is going to last the 3 years or so that you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment