Wednesday, July 28, 2010

fake or genuine ghds!!!!

hi there.i'm one off the many hundreds that bought "genuine"ghds on ebay way before xmas.I got two pairs from two different reputable sellers,one for my daughter and the other for my niece!sadlymy daughters ones stopped working a week after xmas,and i sent them to ghd to be fixed-or so i thought!!!


They were sent back to me in an awful state.The box was ripped ,the clear plastic that covered straightners was missing and to top it all Fake was written all over the box!I even wondered if they were the same ones i sent as i hadn't took note of thecode.There was no reason given for them "supposidly"being fake.And i must say the jurys still out on that one.


The seller washappy to refund me,but instead i contacted trading standards,who were very interested indeed!They came to my home,examined themand took copies of all corespondance between myselftheseller and ebay,then took them away.Theyare waitng on ghd responding!


The strangest thing for me about all this is thatthe other seller buys her ghds from ghd themselvesat auction inLondon!She hasconfronted both ebay and ghd about this but neither will respond!Thatsnot right.My friend has the same pair,they are exact in every way.The difference being that she got hersfrom a locol salon.the same salon that couln't tell the difference either,and who are very angry that ghd have not let them know there are fakes going about!!


So at this stage of my rant i'm left wondering why ghd sent my straightners back if they are such obviously amazing fakes?Why would they notkeep them as evidence for investigating these fraudsters?And whyis ebay not their first port of call to catchthe counterfiets?Or what about this idea-Why do the folk that make thes "fakes"not make their own?They obviously are very good at it!!


Anyway, if anyone has got any infoto shed a light on this,please respond!Meanwhile my daughters left without her xmas prezzie andi'm left fighting for a refund from paypal(thats if they ever bother to respond)-some buyer protection thats turned out to be!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment