Friday, September 4, 2009

Packing glassware, pottery and other fragile items.

I am a long-time buyer on EBay and a show dealer in Elegant Glassware. Not only have I received many, many packages but I have also successfully packaged and shipped glassware and carried it all around the country. My specialty is Heisey and it's heartbreaking to receive a lovely, much anticipated piece only to find it broken upon opening the package. I just packaged three pieces to send back because they were damaged in shipping. I've read all the guides currently listed that deal with packing glassware and feel I have some useful advice.

I always prefer double boxing:

1. Inner box - Pack the glass item securely in a box that is about 1"-2" larger than the item.


Orignal From: Packing glassware, pottery and other fragile items.

No comments:

Post a Comment